Saturday, December 5, 2009

Audition stage fright?

I'm signed up to audition for our community theater production of South Pacific. I'd like to be Bloody Mary, tho I am kinda old for that. Am singing "Happy Talk". Actually, I'll take any part they can think of that I might do. I just want to do something. I have never done a play before, it's one of the things I want to do while I still can. I don't know if my voice is any good or not. But, I wake in the middle of the night, can't get back to sleep. Just scared.



Auditions are 12 days away. Open audition, %26amp; I just found out that my grandkids are signed to audition right after me. They will be there when I sing. So will my son in law who works on radio %26amp; has lots %26amp; lots of singing experience. VERY nervous!



Audition stage fright?home theater system



An audition can be kind of overwhelming. You feel like the entire world is watching you. There's a trick I used to use when performing in front of a group - when you sing, think of just one person and sing to that person alone. It doesn't have to be someone in the audience. The idea is that you only care what that one person thinks and nobody else's opinion counts. Try it when you rehearse your song, too. You'll see how much easier it is to sing for one person than twenty or two hundred. Hope this helps. Break a leg!



Audition stage fright?the grand theater opera theater



eh, who cares? everybody is in the same boat. i know auditions are nerve racking because the audience are pretty much judging you but you are doing this for yourself. just tell urself that whatever happens, you're going to have fun. you win some you lose some and you definately don't lose anything by trying.
Why don't you try practising with your grandchildren? Go over teir songs with them and let them listen to yours. You may be nervous the first time, but they're your grandchildren and they love you, so they won't laugh or make fun at all. This will make it more comfortable for you on the actual day because you'll be used to it



=)



Also, it will make it more fun and enjoyable for you AND your family!!



Good luck and I really hope you get in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover